Monday, October 29, 2012

THIS IS THE RESULT OF A GIFT GIVEN TO ME. I WAS WORKING IN SOUTH COUNTY WHEN I WAS ASKED - YOUR A PHOTOGRAPHER IS THAT RIGHT? I SAID I AM, AND THEN WAS ASKED WHAT TYPE OF CAMERA DO I USE. I SAID A NIKON. I WAS THEN INSTRUCTED TO STOP BY THE OFFICE ON THE WAY OUT OF TOWN AND THERE WOULD BE SOMETHING THERE FOR ME. WHEN I GOT TO THE OFFICE I WAS HANDED A LARGE CAMERA BAG. IN IT THERE WAS 2 NIKON FILM CAMERAS, 3 LENSES, A FLASH UNIT AND MISCELLANEOUS CAMERA STUFF. I WAS BLOWN AWAY. ALMOST TO THE POINT OF TEARS. I KEPT TWO OF THE LENSES AND HAVE GIVEN THE REST AWAY TO FRIENDS THAT SAID THEY WOULD USE IT. THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN WITH A 18MM FIXED FOCAL LENGTH LENS. IT IS FAR SHARPER THAN ANY OF THE ZOOM LENSES THAT I HAVE USED TO TAKE NEARLY ALL OF THE IMAGES. THE OLD LENSES DON'T HAVE ANY AUTOMATIC ANYTHING AND ARE SO CRISP WHEN FOCUSED. I FEEL BLESSED TO BE THE RECIPIENT OF THIS GIFT

No comments:

Post a Comment